Unidentified Netork

RobCharles1981 11:09 17 Sep 08

Hi using Vista Home Premium Sp1

When I start my computer up now in the mornings I can't get any access to web.

I look in the network Icon in the system tray and I get.

"Unidentified Network"
"Access Local Only"

Router is Netgear DG834

Thanks.

RobCharles1981 14:02 18 Sep 08

Anyone know of this please?

crosstrainer 14:34 18 Sep 08

Try re-booting the router (switch off wait 30 seconds on again)

You could also try right clicking the network icon in the taskbar and choosing "repair"

If neither work, you may have to re-enter your ISP's network settings via the routers admin screen.

A no brainer this one, but also, right click the internet explorer icon, choose properties, connections, and make sure that "never dial a connection" is ticked.

RobCharles1981 15:11 18 Sep 08

Looks fine there.

In order to get this to work however I have to reboot the computer for it to work? Is it a "service" thats not starting properly ???

crosstrainer 15:14 18 Sep 08

Possibly, but if you have tried the above and failed, then you may need to access your admin screen and re-input the settings.

"Limited access" means that the router is being picked up, but the internet settings are not....Could also be a faulty filter on the line>

What ISP are you with?

RobCharles1981 16:10 18 Sep 08

I'm with Falconnet

crosstrainer 16:34 18 Sep 08

The settings are available from:

click here

You will need to access your router / modem admin screen (refer to the manual for this) usually 192.168.1.1 (example only)

Once into the screen use the settings in the link above to ensure you have the correct configuration for your setup.

RobCharles1981 17:08 18 Sep 08

I don't think its that its something in vista thats the course of it.

But thanks for the suggestions so far.

RobCharles1981 19:17 18 Sep 08

I may want to try repairing Vista how is it done I've seen certain guides on it but not sure which path to take?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…