Unable to remove a programme

Keith100 21:22 09 May 14

I have Windows 7 Pro. I have a programme which I cannot remove by using 'Add/Remove programmes'. I have tried deleting several times but it still remains. I have also tried using 'Remove files & programmes' but cannot trace it through that system. I cannot find it on my system except in 'Programmes & Features' It is called 'PCKeeper' by a company called Kromtech. 30.7 mb in size. Anybody any suggestions please. Thanks. Keith.

BRYNIT 22:45 09 May 14

Don't know if these will help CLICK HERE or CLICK HERE I've only had a quick look as I have not had to remove PCKeeper.

As a last resort I usually look in msconfig to see if anything is listed in start up and disable them. Search all files/folder including hidden ones and delete, I then open regedit and search for anything related to the program and delete. Do not delete anything you are not sure of in regedit.

Press Man 22:45 09 May 14

Try reinstalling the program, then try the uninstall.

wee eddie 01:33 10 May 14

You could check the program's Web site to see if they have an uuninstaller. Many security products try to avoid being uninatalled

alanrwood 10:47 10 May 14

Tried in Safe Mode???

Keith100 10:55 10 May 14

Can I thank you all for taking the trouble to reply. I am away from my computer today but will start on the suggestions tomorrow. Thanks again.

Keith100 10:55 10 May 14

Can I thank you all for taking the trouble to reply. I am away from my computer today but will start on the suggestions tomorrow. Thanks again.

wee eddie 13:04 10 May 14

As PC Keeper contains an Anti Virus element, you will need to go to their website and use the specific Uninstaller.

As far as I know, all Anti Virus Programs are set up so that a Virus cannot uninstall, or disable, them.

Keith100 22:32 16 May 14

Thank you Wee Eddie. I did what you suggested & have removed it. Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to reply. I wish I could say I will do the same for you but theres not much chance of that with my knowledge. lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017