Unable to remove a programme

Keith100 21:22 09 May 14

I have Windows 7 Pro. I have a programme which I cannot remove by using 'Add/Remove programmes'. I have tried deleting several times but it still remains. I have also tried using 'Remove files & programmes' but cannot trace it through that system. I cannot find it on my system except in 'Programmes & Features' It is called 'PCKeeper' by a company called Kromtech. 30.7 mb in size. Anybody any suggestions please. Thanks. Keith.

BRYNIT 22:45 09 May 14

Don't know if these will help CLICK HERE or CLICK HERE I've only had a quick look as I have not had to remove PCKeeper.

As a last resort I usually look in msconfig to see if anything is listed in start up and disable them. Search all files/folder including hidden ones and delete, I then open regedit and search for anything related to the program and delete. Do not delete anything you are not sure of in regedit.

Press Man 22:45 09 May 14

Try reinstalling the program, then try the uninstall.

wee eddie 01:33 10 May 14

You could check the program's Web site to see if they have an uuninstaller. Many security products try to avoid being uninatalled

alanrwood 10:47 10 May 14

Tried in Safe Mode???

Keith100 10:55 10 May 14

Can I thank you all for taking the trouble to reply. I am away from my computer today but will start on the suggestions tomorrow. Thanks again.

Keith100 10:55 10 May 14

Can I thank you all for taking the trouble to reply. I am away from my computer today but will start on the suggestions tomorrow. Thanks again.

wee eddie 13:04 10 May 14

As PC Keeper contains an Anti Virus element, you will need to go to their website and use the specific Uninstaller.

As far as I know, all Anti Virus Programs are set up so that a Virus cannot uninstall, or disable, them.

Keith100 22:32 16 May 14

Thank you Wee Eddie. I did what you suggested & have removed it. Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to reply. I wish I could say I will do the same for you but theres not much chance of that with my knowledge. lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…