Unable to openLocked File

cholseyboy 16:11 14 May 15

Windows 7 Pro. I am the administrator. When I try to open a folder of my family photos I am told that I need the administrators permission to oppen or to alter its properties. How can I view the photos?

Nontek 19:48 14 May 15

This might work - right-click on Folder containing pictures, then click on ...Run as Administrator.

rdave13 22:23 14 May 15

Try adding the 'take ownership' to the context menu. Take step 2 then steps 5,6,7 and 8. You will still need to be in an administrator's account.

Win 7 tutorials

Do not take ownership of a hard drive. Security reasons if I remember correctly and might not be able to be undone. Create a new folder and copy everything over.

Once the new folder can be accessed you might think of removing the 'take ownership' option (step 4). Read the post carefully though.

itextrat 18:28 16 May 15

Indeed, you need to take ownership of that folder. It probably was another user's folder and now it's got mixed permissions. Here's another guide: Take Ownership And Change Permissions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…