Unable to open .dtp file

bari 19:44 PM 28 Feb 13

Hi, in 2009 I created a file which I saved. Came across it today when having a clear out and tried to open it without success. I have tried scribus and a Serif dtp programme without success. I have used the file command in linux and have found out that it was made in a programme called Greenstreet publisher which I vaguely remember having on a laptop at the time. Can anyone suggest any other programme which would allow me to open this file and save it in a different format..

rdave13 23:43 PM 28 Feb 13

Try Greenstreet publisher. Unfortunately you might have to splash out a tenner, or so, from someone like Amazon, then convert to PDF, within the program. Which version is open to question. Typical of tec advances, leaves your back-ups useless at times.

bari 08:34 AM 01 Mar 13

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately the version of Green Street being offered is unable to read older version .dtp files (that's progress for you). I had the original Green Street as a programme on an old laptop which has since gone, so it looks as if I am going to have to type the whole thing out again. Fortunately I still have the written copy and the photos. It was a account of a visit to Singapore and New Zealand with photos. Again thanks for trying to solve the problem.

chub_tor 16:08 PM 01 Mar 13

If you still have a printed rather than a handwritten copy you could always scan it and use an OCR programme then import it into a programme you use eg as a .doc or .pdf. That would save a lot of typing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X