Unable to install programmes after upgrading from Vista

Dannyb 08:43 AM 15 Aug 11
Answered

I have just upgraded my laptop from Vista to Windows 7 and need to install a couple of programmes, iTunes and printer drivers from a CD. Neither will allow installation, the iTunes download has been made but when I click on install it reads: 'The installer encountered errors..... Errors occurred during installation. Your system has not been modified.' When I insert the CD to install the drivers for my printer I get the message: 'Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.' Can anybody advise a solution for this please? Thanks.

John-P 12:29 PM 15 Aug 11
Answer

Try starting in safe mode by pressing f8 on startup, then click on start and enter uac into the search box and press enter. Then move the slider to the bottom then click ok and reboot the computer in normal mode.

You should now be able to install programs.

Dannyb 12:37 PM 15 Aug 11

Brilliant John-P, thanks for that. Worked for me, programmes now installed and Windows updated. You're a star.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites