unable to install itunes update

David Beverley 11:30 AM 16 Aug 12

I have just bought an iPad and have to update my version of iTunes. Currently I am running version 10:4:1:10 and need to update to 10:6:3. I have downloaded iTunes no problem but at the end of installation I get the following message “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A programme for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package Vendor” I have gone into services.msc and to the windows installer and run Start and also changed from manual to automatic to no avail

I am running Windows 7 64 bit with McAfee anti-virus software. I want to synch my iTunes library to my iPad any suggestions as to how I can install the iTunes update?

john bunyan 22:59 PM 16 Aug 12

See here: i Tunes

Also you could try completely uninstalling iTunes then reinstalling the new version. You will not lose the music etc as it is held in a "non programme" folder, but as a precaution I would copy your music etc to another drive if you have one. My i tunes music etc is in a data partition :F/My Documents/My Music/iTunes, but the actual programme file are in c/programme files(x86)/iTunes.(So you see there should be no problem in uninstalling / reinstalling these)

difarn 23:01 PM 16 Aug 12

You may be interested in this article about updating Apple Software that may be causing your problem.

David Beverley 17:07 PM 19 Aug 12

Many thanks I uninstalled all apple products and did a clean download and install of the most recent version of iTunes and all seems to be well

difarn 17:33 PM 19 Aug 12

Good news.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know