Unable to install 64bit versions

JayDay 13:03 PM 02 Mar 12

I have upgraded to windows 7 64 bit (I have checked system properties and 64bit version has been installed).

I'm having trouble installing 64bit programs. I assumed during installation the program would know it's a 64bit OS and install the 64 version. This doesn't seem to be the case. Winamp says it is both 32bit and 64bit, yet when I install it it installs the 32bit version. This is also the case with some other software.

What am I doing wrong?

john bunyan 13:33 PM 02 Mar 12

I do not think you are doing anything wrong. Most programmes install in the 32 bit version in C:\Programme files(x86). Fro example in Photoshop CS5, it installs both versions , and I use both since for scanning using the TWAIN interface there is no 64 bit support, but on the other hand the TWAIN interferes with the file/automate/batch command. Just go with the flow, use the 64 bit option if it is offered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…