unable to get any thing on screen

kalbert27@;yahoo.com 09:41 AM 30 Oct 11

what happens is i turn on my computer fan starts the green light comes on the monitor then it turns red then just a blank screen i have tried another signal cable without success i have an onboard graphics card any ideas would be grateful

northumbria61 19:35 PM 02 Nov 11

I guessing you have a PC (not laptop)? Could be anything, power supply, motherboard, video card. A few more details would help ie: OS you are using.

You say and you have checked/tried another cable connection without success. Are you able to attach another monitor to try out? This would at least let you know if the fault lies with your monitor.

kalbert27@;yahoo.com 14:10 PM 07 Nov 11

Hi northumbria61, thank you for your reply but every thing is back to normal, as before i removed all cables removed memory sticks i have a hand held computer vaccum cleaner so i clean all the inside which was not very dirty put it all back and hey presto every thing works as i am on my desk top now. Once again many thanks kalbert27

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off