Unable to download and view iPlayer etc

Mike43 23:06 PM 18 May 09

My Toshiba A300, running Vista SP1, has stopped allowing email attachments to be opened, will not produce any vision on the BBC iPlayer, or even download (for example) Silverlight from Microsoft itself. I can even send myself a hotmail email with an attachment, from the laptop, and then try to open the email when 'received' and it won't allow it, saying "Internet Explorer cannot open this website. It may be unavailable, please try later'. I am running IE8, but did a restore back to IE7 and found it the same. This problem seems to have appeared in the last two months and apart from disabling firewalls and virus protection (tried with no effect) I am at a loss as to what to try. Any ideas?

brundle 00:23 AM 20 May 09

Sounds like file/folder permissions are damaged. Do you have any more luck if you *temporarily* disable UAC? click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…