unable to download emails after clean install

Mr Tibbs 20:41 PM 08 Nov 09

I have just done a clean install of windows 7. There are 5 users who use the same PC. We use Outlook and Windows live mail to access emails. Initially all worked well but now they wont download emails. Access to servers times out and I get error messages 0x800ccc19 and 0x800ccc90. I use NIS 2010 and have tried turning it off but this doesn't work. My internet works OK and I can access emails online webmail from virgin but it won't download into email programs. Any sugestions welcome.

mimosa418 13:10 PM 09 Nov 09

Have you downloaded and installed Windows Live Mail. It is not included on the Windows 7 discs.

Mr Tibbs 15:57 PM 09 Nov 09

I use Windows live mail and Outlook 2007. I have used Thunderbird too for awhile but all with the same result. It's not the email program thats the problem but something else thats blocking the send receive access to pop server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…