unable to delete a desktop file

conrail 18:29 PM 07 Oct 12

been to a wedding over the weekend, before going I created a desktop file, wedding, with route to both hotel & venue, hotel reservations, etc., now I am back I want to delete the file but I am getting the message: "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from 'pc name'\'my name' to make changes to this folder Wedding Date created 02/08/2012 7:57pm" as I am the only user of this pc I don't know what I have done to protect the file, no body else touches the pc, have right clicked to see if there is an option for open as administrator. how can I delete this file, all help and advice appreciated.

Nontek 18:51 PM 07 Oct 12
  Nontek 18:54 PM 07 Oct 12
  conrail 19:21 PM 07 Oct 12

thank you Nontek, that has sorted it, I must apologise, I should have said I was running win 7 64 bit, sp1, I appreciate your time and advice, again many thanks.

conrail 19:21 PM 07 Oct 12

thank you Nontek, that has sorted it, I must apologise, I should have said I was running win 7 64 bit, sp1, I appreciate your time and advice, again many thanks.

Nontek 21:07 PM 07 Oct 12

Great, glad it's sorted.

Apologies not necessary, I was a bit late realizing your question is in the Win 7 forum!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…