unable to delete a desktop file

conrail 18:29 PM 07 Oct 12

been to a wedding over the weekend, before going I created a desktop file, wedding, with route to both hotel & venue, hotel reservations, etc., now I am back I want to delete the file but I am getting the message: "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from 'pc name'\'my name' to make changes to this folder Wedding Date created 02/08/2012 7:57pm" as I am the only user of this pc I don't know what I have done to protect the file, no body else touches the pc, have right clicked to see if there is an option for open as administrator. how can I delete this file, all help and advice appreciated.

northumbria61 12:02 PM 08 Oct 12

Right click on file on your desktop - select Properties - then Security Tab - give yourself FULL permissions - that will enable you to delete it.

northumbria61 12:03 PM 08 Oct 12

Disregard - DUPLICATE Post! enter link description here

conrail 10:30 AM 09 Oct 12

thanks northumbria61, didn't realise until I received your post that I had posted this question twice, I apologise to one and all; http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/28/windows-7-help/4177520/unable-to-delete-a-desktop-file/ many thanks for your time and help, as you will see from the other post, the problem was resolved but I do appreciate your time and advice so again many thanks,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know