unable to delete a desktop file

conrail 07 Oct 12

been to a wedding over the weekend, before going I created a desktop file, wedding, with route to both hotel & venue, hotel reservations, etc., now I am back I want to delete the file but I am getting the message: "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from 'pc name'\'my name' to make changes to this folder Wedding Date created 02/08/2012 7:57pm" as I am the only user of this pc I don't know what I have done to protect the file, no body else touches the pc, have right clicked to see if there is an option for open as administrator. how can I delete this file, all help and advice appreciated.

northumbria61 08 Oct 12

Right click on file on your desktop - select Properties - then Security Tab - give yourself FULL permissions - that will enable you to delete it.

northumbria61 08 Oct 12

Disregard - DUPLICATE Post! enter link description here

conrail 09 Oct 12

thanks northumbria61, didn't realise until I received your post that I had posted this question twice, I apologise to one and all; http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/28/windows-7-help/4177520/unable-to-delete-a-desktop-file/ many thanks for your time and help, as you will see from the other post, the problem was resolved but I do appreciate your time and advice so again many thanks,

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message