UAC locked out

marty1966 22:16 PM 12 Apr 13

unable to update anything on my laptop, if I try it says it needs permission and to say yes to allow administrator to allow changes. Unfortunately the yes option is greyed out. Was messing around with User Accounts last week and must have locked myself out. I have password.

wizzboy 08:38 AM 13 Apr 13

marty 1966 drop me a line at my email and I will send you the password tool,

marty1966 09:30 AM 13 Apr 13

not sure if it's early or I'm atupid:) but how do I access your email?

wizzboy 10:40 AM 13 Apr 13

marty 1966

my email is [email protected]

wizzboy 10:49 AM 13 Apr 13

As far as I know , there are two main methods to solve the windows password problem as follows: 1st Method: Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it'll show Classic Login box. Now type \Administrator\ (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows. Now you can reset your account password from \Control Panel - User Accounts. Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen. 2th Method: Windows password reset software: for example:Windows Password Reset. It is easy and convenient to use.

hope that will help you, and do remember to make a password reset disk

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

New Apple TV 2015 release date rumours: Apple TV 'launching in September' plus patent filed for…