Tweak VI for Vista

Rogerfredo 16:41 07 Mar 07

I recently downloaded the free version of Tweak VI software. It appeared very professional, so I decided to pay the registration fee (£16) to get the full version. This required the free version to be uninstalled first. When I ran the uninstaller, all my other programs and folders were wiped off the hard drive on which the program was installed.
After I managed to re-install most of these, (fortunately the hard drive was not the primary system drive), I installed the software and all seemed to be ok.
However, IE7 then became very slow, and so I installed Mozilla Firefox. This works well, but when I tried to download Adobe Flash it failed to install.
I followed instructions to save the program and then start it by double clicking, but the message "Invalid directory" was displayed. When I tried to start the Tweak utility, the same message was displayed - something had messed up.
I then decided to uninstall the recently added programs, but when I tried to remove Tweak VI, it again wiped out the whole of the drive!
I have emailed Total idea software (Tweak) and await their reply. Anyone else had similar problems?

Forum Editor 19:08 07 Mar 07

but to be honest I wouldn't ever install one of these tweak utilities - Vista shouldn't need it.

Kate B 19:10 07 Mar 07

It's useful for things like removing the irritating arrow on a shortcut - but it depends how annoying you find that kind of thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017