TWAIN drivers for canon scanners

Lammy Pie 21:25 22 Sep 07

Another frustrated Vista user here... I have a Canon Scanner, CanoScan N124OU. I cannot load the drivers from the disc I have as I am being told I do not have the TWAIN drivers and need to load those first. Can anyone help? This is a new one on me. Like many of you out there I am now thinking I have to go and buy a new Vista compatible scanner!

Probabilitydrive 22:37 22 Sep 07

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling using the Vista drivers from the Canon website?
click here

Ashrich 20:15 23 Sep 07

If they've got a driver for my old N670u they must have a Vista driver for the newer N1240u , have a look at their web site as Probabilitydrive suggests .

Ashley

phoenix198 22:08 23 Sep 07

There are Vista 32-bit drivers for the Canoscan N1240U on the Australian Canon website - version 7.0.3.1 - together with a Vista compatible version of the Canon Toolbox utility.

I can't direct link to them but try Googling for "Canoscan N1240U Vista drivers"

skidzy 22:58 23 Sep 07
  skidzy 23:01 23 Sep 07

click here

Then Setup Vista,agree to the disclaimer and follow the prompts.

Ashrich 13:05 24 Sep 07

Funnily enough , I got my Vista drivers from the Aussie site .....and they are also 7.0.3.1

Ashley

Lammy Pie 13:25 24 Sep 07

I have tried to load from the Australian site as suggested. It goes through the process fine until the end when I get a message to say it may not have been uploaded correctly. I still can't get my scanner to work! Is the TWAIN element seperate to the main drivers? Thanks for all the advice!

Lammy Pie 18:36 24 Sep 07

I have talked to Canon and they had me load two sets from their web site, it still doesn't work and doesn't even see the scanner when I look for it thorugh Windows Accessories. Thinking of buying an Epson now.

Vaio-fan 14:07 07 Jan 08

Hey Lammy Pie, do you still have a problem with Canoscan N124ou and Vista?
Let me know, I was in exactly the same situationj as yours and I solved the problem.
Cheers

DerekGCWhite 22:48 17 Jan 08

I have just found this link and I am having exactly the similar problem, Vaio-fan you said you have the answer, would you share that with me please?

Regards

Derek

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to Draw Realistic Female Superheroes

Apple Q3 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone and Mac sales fall, overall revenue'…