Trying software

johndrew 03 May 12
Answered

I seem to remember that W7 Pro indicated that it had the capability of installing software in a 'trial' mode that didn't change anything else on the PC; unfortunately I am unable to find any details on this facility now I wish to use it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, preferably with a 'how to' guide location as well.

With tanks in anticipation.

Woolwell 03 May 12

I don't think that is part of W7. I think that you are referring to a sandbox program.

john bunyan 03 May 12

I think Acronis True Image (if you have it) can do this.

KRONOS the First 04 May 12

This could be what you are after. Sandboxie.

john bunyan 04 May 12
Answer

I have had a look. Yes , Acronis True Image has a feature called "Try and Decide", so if you are thinking of getting ATI for back up purposes it would do both roles.

johndrew 04 May 12

Many thanks to all for responding so quickly. I agree a sandbox program would do the job, but what I remember is ATI rather than W7 so now I have sorted my brain out I shall look at this as I have it installed.

Many thanks once again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message