Toshiba display driver problem (laptop)

jampit 09:07 09 Mar 10

Having changed from Win7 RTM ( no problems) to Windows 7 HP, I have had the display driver stopping then restarting (according to the error message). This happens mainly when I am running a game (VSK5)which had been running happily before the change. To make matters worse, (a) the program can hang and /or (b) the computer crashes!
I have updated the display driver to Win7 with no success. Any ideas?

Zeppelyn 23:23 10 Mar 10

What do you mean by changed from RTM to Win 7 HP, RTM being Release to Manufacturing ie the version on sale now,so do you mean RC? What model Tosh do you have?

Do you still have that original driver, if so then use that. Not being a gamer Ive no idea what VSK5 is so cant help if its just games causing the problem.

jampit 21:57 11 Mar 10

It was the trial version after Win7 RC (which I had working OK)that had also been working. The display 'hiccuped' after the change to Windows 7 HP with the older driver. Only then was the dirver upgraded- but problem still exists.
The computer is Toshiba Satellite Pro L500.

jjss 22:10 11 Mar 10

Have you tried downloading the latest display drivers from Toshiba UK? click here= They also have Win7 64 drivers too.

Jack

jampit 10:20 12 Mar 10

Yes- I have downloaded the latest driver already- still problems!

ugiekfitrah 06:15 18 May 10

looking for toshiba drivers.. find ithem here
click here

Technocrate 09:32 19 May 10

Could be due to faulty or incompatible ram. Have you tried testing it with MEMTEST86+: click here

Where did you download the latest display driver from?

jampit 22:38 19 May 10

Latest - Microsoft suggested reloading Windows7 but use the 64bit application. Having done the 'clean install' and downloaded the third party software again- guess what- it works! Only other software will NOT install from disc-(supposedly incompatable, yet it runs from the windows.old folder- which "doesn't have program files in it!!") since it is more important to me, I shall have to go back and live with the problem!
Thanks Microsoft!

james105051 14:22 18 Jun 10

click here for information on installing\running programmes in compatability mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…