Too much wallpaper!

The Bard 16:45 02 Oct 10

Each year I set up my holiday snaps as a slideshow which I then use as desktop wallpaper. This works well - too well. I cannot remove previous years' slides from showing as well. How can I stop previous years' slides from running without deleting from computer, leaving just the current year?

I use Picasa to store the pictures and W7 Home x64 built-in facility to create new desktop wallpaper.

QuizMan 17:37 02 Oct 10

On my W7 PC, I right click on the desktop, select Personalize (sic) and then click on Desktop Background. This brings up thumbnails of all my current selection. If you do the same, you should be able to either Clear All and re-select the ones you want or simply untick all the ones you do not need any more.

The Bard 11:54 03 Oct 10

When I do that, it only shows desired pictures. However, previous years' pictures still appear.

BRYNIT 12:01 03 Oct 10

If the original picture/photos are in another folder try changing the folders name. If they are in the same folder as the new pictures/photos move them to another folder.

The Bard 14:12 03 Oct 10

That didn't work either.

The Bard 16:58 03 Oct 10

Yes! Even tried re-booting in between.

Proclaimer 17:59 03 Oct 10

create a folder called [backgrounds] anywhere on your pc. Put images in there. create a new theme and tell it to use that folder for the backgrounds. Then in future add or delete images from that folder and not from the 'theme editor'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac