Too many administrators

The Bard 11:54 AM 30 Jun 12

My changeover from XP to 7 went relatively smoothly except for some administrator problems. Microsoft recommended setting up a new administrator account (administratornew) and transferring files to it.

I have now ended up with 3 administrator account - the original Xp, the new 7 and administratornew. Unfortunately the last still gives occasional problems with access permissions (mainly on system files) although I have given it full rights. Is there any way to combine all 3?

Nontek 14:33 PM 30 Jun 12

I assume you have a Dual boot system (Xp/7), perhaps if you delete the original Xp and 7 Accounts, you might then have just the new one, which you could rename to suit yourself - this might then cure the occasional problems in the new one.

Total guess only though, so first create a new system restore point!

The Bard 14:51 PM 30 Jun 12

No, single (7) boot only.

Nontek 15:27 PM 30 Jun 12

OK, so delete XP account and if it were me, I would also delete the 'new' account, just leave yourself with one account.

Having done that run Ccleaner, might fix a possible glitch in the Install of 7.

difarn 16:21 PM 30 Jun 12

It is always good practice to have more than one administrator account in case one becomes corrupt.

The attached article may help you to better understand Administrator Accounts and permissions.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone