Time Limit To Activate Vista?

wizza68 19:58 02 Mar 07

I have a new Vista computer but don't know if it is activated yet.

I am not yet online with the Vista PC becuase my ISP installation disk tells me that I need to "upgrade to XP or Windows 2000"! They are Virgin Media and currently don't support Vista so I continue to use my previous, unreliable, PC until I can.

However, as I can't get online will there be a point when Vista thinks that I have passed a period to get it activated and stop working.

SteveWH 21:03 02 Mar 07

If you are not on the internet and you haven't registered over the phone then you haven't activated your copy of Vista.

There should be alink on the welcome screen.

SteveWH 21:04 02 Mar 07

PS: that is unless it came ready activated as mine did!

smoking44 21:15 02 Mar 07

you will have 30 days to activate vista from date of install

thms 21:37 02 Mar 07

Go to control panel/system and maintenance select system this will tell you if vista is activated.

Easy way to it start, help, type activate you can do it from the open help window if you need to activate.

wizza68 12:04 03 Mar 07

thanks for this. i looked again and see itv has come ready activated, just not registered, which according to the help is not mandatory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…