Three Printers shown in Firefox About:Config

dardruba 14:56 PM 02 Oct 12

I have an HP Photosmart 5510 printer but in About:Config it shows three. The first is an old HP Deskjet we used to have which died and went to the skip. We were without a printer for a few months and then bought the HP Photosmart 5510 which I like. The third in the list is shown as a HP Photosmart 5510 (Network), obviously the same. The first needs removing, how do I do that please? The second is the current printer and is correct. I can account for the third entry. I've tried to set up a Home Group Network between PC and Netbook, without success, and I'm waiting for someone in the family to visit and help. I suspect I may have changed the printer name for networking and perhaps gave it an IP No too. Is that necessary and do I need it shown in About:Config?

northumbria61 20:35 PM 03 Oct 12
  dardruba 21:55 PM 03 Oct 12

I think this may be the way forward, it seems too complicated for me so I'd better invite the younger members of the family over for the weekend ! Thanks

dardruba 22:15 PM 03 Oct 12

I think this may be the way forward, it seems too complicated for me so I'd better invite the younger members of the family over for the weekend ! Thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites