Thomson Speedtouch 330 BB Modem

Pine Man 13:43 06 Feb 07

Below is the response from Thomson concerning Vista drivers for their modems - probably one of the most popular BB modems over the last two or three years, provided by most ISP's.

'I have read your mail concerning the question of when the Microsoft Windows Vista drivers for the ST 330 are being released.

The drivers were actually released (as BETA version) and then pulled back, this is not very unusual considering these were beta drivers.

The drivers you are requesting are currently not available, we do not have a definitive answer as to when they will be out. We know that they are being worked upon, and that progress is being made. Hopefully it won't take to long (i.e. before summer).

Until then, best wishes!'

I have checked my existing PC with Microsoft Vista adviser and it didn't show a problem with the modem but I am not upgrading but taking delivery of a new PC (Vista) and will have to install the modem without drivers?

Kate B 14:28 06 Feb 07

If it didn't show a problem then there's a good chance that Vista has drivers for the modem.

Pine Man 15:13 06 Feb 07

That makes sense but I think I'll keep my fingers crossed as well!

Kate B 15:18 06 Feb 07

Always a good idea when it comes to drivers for a new operating system!

WSR 19:16 06 Feb 07

... but is this what appears with a device name of 'Speedtouch USB ADSL PPP' in my network connections?

I ask because I need to replace my PC anyway and wonder whether my brodband modem will work with Vista (I think I'm resigned to replacing my printer and scanner, as neither Lexmark or Xerox seem interested in drivers for my devices)

Totally-braindead 19:44 06 Feb 07

WSR you are better starting your own thread. The Speedtouch is indeed your BB modem and wait a bit about the Vista drivers as many of the manufacturers are in the same boat and creating new drivers as we speak.

Gizmo2005 16:21 10 Feb 07

This on Speedtouch UK website

Release 3.01 UK
Windows Vista:
Upgrading XP to Vista: your existing driver will continue to operate normally.
Installing on a new Vista computer: When using the standard 3.01 driver it is not possible to perform an uninstall. A vista specific driver will be available in March 2007.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017