Thomson SpeedTouch 300 Driver Problem

Narayan Adhikari 13:02 20 Feb 07

This dsl modem driver is not accepted by vista. Any clue, where can I find the proper driver for this for Vista?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Regards!
Narayan

anskyber 13:08 20 Feb 07

Not available yet even from Thomson. click here

Narayan Adhikari 13:11 20 Feb 07

Sorry I gave the wrong model no. It's 330 not 300.
Thanks

anskyber 13:17 20 Feb 07

My link confirms that the 330 does not yet have drivers.

Pine Man 15:29 20 Feb 07

I had the same problem and the advice I got, rather than wait, was to buy an ethernet modem router, which requires no drivers.

I have now got one and tried it out on my XP machine and it certainly installed without drivers - all I've got to do now is wait until my new Vista PC arrives to try it out on there!

I don't know if you have done a clean install or upgraded but I have read that a Speedtouch 330 will run on an upgrade, it's the clean install that's the problem.

Jimmy14 16:49 20 Feb 07

My old Tiscali modem worked on Vista RC1/RC2 using the Windows Xp Drivers. I now use a wireless Netgear Router and the full Vista.

WSR 18:10 21 Feb 07

Orange have a web page that says it shows you how to connect with a speedtouch modem - it looks complicated, and I'm not brave enough to try it!

click here=$solution_id&docPropValue=kb15284

WSR 18:12 21 Feb 07

Sorry - the URL for my prev message seems to have got garbled

click here

and search for Vista to find the page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…