Thanks for the Book

S5W 15:47 19 Nov 07

I recently renewed my sub. to PCA and was offered a free gift,an inducement of which I am usually suspicious,however I opted for brilliant Windows Vista by Steve Johnson and it arrived this morning.
It is certainly comprehensive and there is a great deal inside which I didn't know and plenty of stuff that I didn't know I didn't know (as the man said). If I absorb this book I might one day be a useful member of the Forum.
So thank you whoever is responsible: a genuine free gift which is useful.

tullie 16:02 19 Nov 07

Your luckyyou dident go for the MP3 player lol.

anskyber 16:08 19 Nov 07

When you say you renewed it. Do you mean you stopped subscribing then started again, or was it just the normal annual renewal?

S5W 16:33 19 Nov 07

tullie, why?
anskyber, I just renewed my annual subscription which was due to run out at the February 2008 issue.If you are thinking of doing likewise I think you will find the book a mine of useful info.

anskyber 16:40 19 Nov 07

The reason I asked is for the last 2 years (or it will be when my next payment is due) I have paid by direct debit with the money taken half yearly.

As a result I have not "renewed" my subscription as such it just goes on and on until I say stop. Perhaps the answer for those who want to take advantage of the offers is to pay but not by DD and allow things to lapse then "renew"

anskyber 16:46 19 Nov 07

PS, if the above sounds a little grabbing I for one have been content that the intention of the offers was an introductory feature and the real advantage of a subscription was the reduction in cover price and delivery to my door.

If the FE reads this maybe he, if he so disposed, will clarify the point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac