Testing my PC for Windows 7

chieke 16:11 PM 28 Feb 09

I have downloaded the software for assesing the performance of my PC . i am sorry to say I am so ignorant of the details that I am at a loss.The down loaded results does not show if my pc Windows xp home edition is adequate for the windows 7.Any help would be appreciated.

Forum Editor 23:54 PM 28 Feb 09

that the minimum hardware specification for Windows 7 to run is as follows:-

•1GHz processor
•1GB of main memory
•16GB of available disk space
•Support for DX9 graphics with 128MB of memory (for the Aero interface)
•A DVD-R/W drive

My own view is that this should be regarded as an absolute minimum, and if you want the operating system to run at all well you should have a faster processor and at least 2GB of RAM onboard.

dth 14:03 PM 01 Mar 09

I was quite impressed with the way win 7 runs on my laptop (that came with vista). It only has 1 gb of ram (including shard graphics)and runs very well (much better than when it had vista on it).

Maybe - just maybe - the mini specks are getting nearer to a realistic spec!

Szymanski99 00:29 AM 16 Mar 09

OK, so I too have run your widget to see if my system would support Windows 7 (currently on XP). It says my processor is not sufficiently powerful. You quote the min. spec. as a 1GHZ processor and 1GB of RAM.
I have a 3GHZ Pentium 4 with 3GB of RAM, which according to previous testers would run Vista except for my graphics, which only has 128MB, which you reckon is OK for 7. So in what respect is my system not powerful enough?

961 16:44 PM 18 Mar 09

Can't get this to run at all

Is it liable to firewall blocking or security settings?

daveella123 22:08 PM 26 Mar 09

It says my processor isnt powerful enough but its a pentium D 2.8GHZ. Don't understand!

Coltch 10:28 AM 30 Mar 09

Windows 7 runs fine on my old Laptop although using Aero is not an option.

Mobile Sempron 3100+ (1.8GHz)
768MB DDR 400 (64MB shared)
Unichrome Pro graphics (useless for Vista/Win7).

If I can get it to run on the above specs a Pentium 4/D should run it fine, although if you haven't got a DX9 graphics card you won't get Aero.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off