Technical Question on the D partition

mooly 08:34 24 Jun 08

Hi,
Probably a simple answer to this. I use the D partition for backups made with Acronis 10.
The free space drops quicker than I would expect when you just total all the backups up. If I run disc cleanup for the D partition and select "more options" and delete "shadow copies and restore points" the free space jumps back up.
Question --- are the ordinary restore points that windows creates actually on the D partition or is something else going on. The D partition is used ( as far as I am concerned ) just for Acronis.
Thanks

sinbads 13:27 24 Jun 08

You can turn off system restore points for the drives you have and just keep C drive.

Since your D drive is only ATI restore points, system restore points seems a waste of used space.

System properties/ system/ system protection remove the tick for D drive and ok ....restoree points for this drive will be switched off

mooly 14:06 24 Jun 08

Thanks for that. I did'nt know ( well never thought really ) that restore points applied to both partitions. I think I will give that a whirl--Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…