task

unk47 21:35 01 Apr 15

I have a program on my PC auto saving into a directory on my PC I want to have this scheduled to be copied and placed into another directory on a regular basis this would be my back up set to do this everyday at a set time can someone shown show to do this please

Thank you

robin_x 22:27 01 Apr 15

It's easy enough to set up a batch file or script to copy a file and call it from Task Scheduler.

But it gets complicated quickly when a folder may have multiple files and sub-directories and Windows starts querying existing contents and merging directories, permissions etc. And you'll have to handle or Ignore errors.

I'd recommend you use a 3rd Party tool.

Easeus Todo Backup Free is very good and has a built-in scheduler.

wee eddie 23:18 01 Apr 15

There is little point in creating a backup on the same Hard Drive as the material it is backing up.

If the Drive fails, the backup would not be available either!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:47 02 Apr 15

freefilesync

set up realtime sync between the relevant folders and it will auto sync every time the files / folder is changed.

john bunyan 16:54 02 Apr 15

I agree with *Fruit Bat /\0/* and use it regularly. You can set it "left to right mirror" etc.

I use Freefilesynch for my data partition and either Macrium Reflect (on one PC) or Acronis True Image on another for system partition images and clones.

Once you have set up Freefilesynch, the first time takes quite a while, but after that it is very fast as it only changes new , modified , or deleted files.

unk47 20:18 02 Apr 15

Thank you for your replies,what it is I runs program called inflow inventory, it auto backs up to a directory set in the software in this case it's program files what I would like is to setup a task to send a copy of these files to a has drive on a daily basis. Then has drive is a server cloud based storage device so we always have our files saved, I don't want to do it manually but I have never used task manager so any help would be good

Thank you in advance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant