Tables in Word for Vista

rogercorke 07:19 10 Jun 08

I have come across a problem using Microsoft Word tables in Vista. I often write documents consisting of two-column tables, as I write TV scripts, and it used to work fine when I wrote them on my old XP computer. But with my new Vista computer, I find that after I have written a certain amount inside a cell, the cell goes haywire. The line on the right of the cell disappears and the right half of each line of text also disappears (note - the words don't reset themselves as though you'd put a tab in. You actually cannot see the second half of each line). When I delete a few words, the box resets itself and everything is fine.

It appears that cells in Vista Word don't like it if they are too big and go over to the next page, so I can avoid the problem by not having too many words in a cell. But is there another way of avoiding this problem?

Many thanx for your help

roger

Pine Man 08:43 10 Jun 08

roger

I am a bit confused. You make reference to Microsoft Word, Vista Word and Word for Vista.

It would help us diagnose your problem if you could explain exactly which program you use to write the documents in. Also is this program the same one that is used with each operating system, XP and Vista?

Taff™ 14:08 10 Jun 08

I use Word 2002 in Vista without a problem. I suggest you look in Table Properties. On the table tab click on Options button at the bottom right and I suggest you tick the box "Automatically resize to fit contents"

rogercorke 07:22 13 Jun 08

Thanks for your reply, Pine Man. I am using Microsoft Office Word 2007 on my Vista computer. That's different from the Edition of Word I use on my XP machine.

Hi Taff. I did as you suggested but the "Automatically resize to fit contents" box was already ticked.

Any other thoughts?
roger

Taff™ 09:05 13 Jun 08

I haven`t ever used Word 2007 but in table properties can you set the column widths to specific measurements. In 2002 the options were "At Least" and "Exactly".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant