system.dllnotfoundexception unable to load dll

mb666 21:39 31 Jul 13

Firstly, can I just say hello to everyone on here as this is my first post.

I look forward to helping out on here any chance I can, but cheekily I am after some assistance.

I get the above error message whenever I do the following:

• Right click on a file,
  • Then left click on properties (the window containing the text below appears)
  • When I click 'OK' the window closes, the 'Properties' window opens (with the 5 tabs along the top - General, Sharing, Security, Prev Versions, Customize)

The text in the aforementioned problem window includes the thread title and (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

This is not so much causing operating issues, just inconvenience, and something which I have not been able to rectify despite online searches.

Thank you for any assistance, no matter how big or small.

Regards

rdave13 01:22 01 Aug 13

mb666 hello and welcome.

I'd make sure all programs, that you can, including browsers are closed. In start search box type CMD. In the list right click CMD and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Type sfc/scannow and press enter.

If you get an error that system file checker can't repair some files then try again a couple of times. If it persists not being able to repair, type 'exit' in CMD then reboot and try again.

See if that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…