System restore not working error 0x81000203

nomis5 17:24 PM 05 Jun 13

I've tried online advice without success .Can anyone suggest Registry Repair software I can download that works.

jaywoo 22:19 PM 05 Jun 13

Google an error number and every registry cleaner result (and there will be many) will claim, but not guarantee it can fix this kind of problem, it's how they make their money.

Get advice from the people who created Windows rather than looking for "Registry fixers";

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/system-restore-error-code-0x81000203/8d051ee4-1bd3-4ead-8d6e-7c1150bdaedc

nomis5 07:22 AM 06 Jun 13

Many thanks to Jock1e & Jaywoo for tips. I already tried safe mode but found it frozen so will now go with Jaywoo's suggestion.

nomis5 12:00 PM 08 Jun 13

My thanks to Jock1e. I have downloaded malawarebytes.org which found several errors but safe mode still remains frozen.Seems the laptop's won so I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow.

hiwatt 12:31 PM 11 Jun 13

Do you have any data on the laptop that you need?You could do a restore to factory settings which will put your laptop back to the condition it came in out of the box? If you do have data(music,photos etc)that you need back them up to an external drive first.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…