System restore not working

Kate B 09:06 10 Aug 07

Hmmm. I have no system restore points later than early May, and when I try and create one manually, it tells me that Access is Denied (0x80070005) Any ideas?

rawprawn 09:11 10 Aug 07

Have you tried opening All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore using right click and open "Run as Administrator"

anskyber 09:13 10 Aug 07

Are you running as Administrator? If you still have UAC off try it re enabled at least for the test.

rawprawn 09:21 10 Aug 07

Googled and found that there is a possibility that

This error occurs because the recovery partition is enabled for File Backup or System Restore
and is almost full. To work around this, do not select D:\ as a backup source. Also, go to
System Protection in Control Panel and make sure that D:\ is not enabled for restore points.

Does that help?

Pine Man 16:46 10 Aug 07

I have been having problems with SR since I got Vista - I didn't have much luck with XP either.

It seems to work all the time until something really important goes wrong then - nothing!

I don't rely on it at all and regularly back up with True Image.

hi kate, dont ask me how but i posted a reply to you here (last post) appolges to the op.
click here

Jimmy14 18:18 10 Aug 07

Mines has stopped working today with the error code 0x8007007b.

why are you using restore with ultimate anyway? disable it run a full back up once a week, takes about 5 minutes and frees up a load of disk space, or am i doing something wrong?

Kate B 12:28 11 Aug 07

thanks for the suggestions, guys, I'll check them out. adman 2, I'm not of the cloning-my-hard-drive school of back-ups: I keep my data backed up and would rather do a clean reinstall of the OS and everything if something's gone badly wrong, but system restore is useful if you want to just go back a couple of steps. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

4gig 16:49 11 Aug 07

Kate B I'm at the same school as you.

Backing up and clean reinstall is the best way when things really go pear shaped.

When you think that programs may have been installed or removed etc before doing a restore, then how can you really trust reverted back-to registry values.

It rarely works for me and I don't expect it to really. When it does work then I don't trust it.

Input Overload 19:50 11 Aug 07

Regular images are the bees knees.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…