System backup ... Which one?

wids001 15:40 01 Sep 10

I am running W7 64bit on an acer all-in-one. Each week I backup everything using Acer's inbuilt backup facility. Thankfully I have never had to use this.

This got me thinking what would happen if this failed when attempting a reinstall. I also have the windows backup on my system and one in Norton 360.

Which, from any experience of using them does anyone recommend as being the best of the three, and would anyone recommend keeping backups on more than one, just in case!

gengiscant 17:14 01 Sep 10

If you are really going to backup correctly it should be to an external drive.I use Acronis and also all my files are on a different drive to my OS drive+plus I have images of the three PC's I have in the house on a NAS drive.
I also use Sky drive to back up all my documents and pics,
So a belt and braces man myself.
Cannot help you with windows backup or Norton. But use whatever you find easiest and works for you.

jjss 17:30 01 Sep 10

I used to use Acronis on previous O/S's. After many "test runs" on the inbuilt Backup Prog that comes with Win7 I now use the one that's build in Windows 7. It is as never let me down yet. Save your money, others will have different opinions I sure.

Jack

john bunyan 17:54 01 Sep 10

See Here:
click here

wids001 08:57 02 Sep 10

Thanks everyone for your responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5