Switch between tabs in Firefox.

Linkslade 19:26 26 Apr 14
Answered

Hi,

Have a desktop and a laptop both running W7 with Firefox. On the laptop I can switch between tabs on the taskbar but I can't on the desktop.

I have placed both machines together and checked that all settings in tools and options are the same and that all seems equal.

I feel that the laptop must have something either checked or installed that the desktop hasn't.

Any advice appreciated.

lotvic 12:09 27 Apr 14

"On the laptop I can switch between tabs on the taskbar"

That sounds more like you are opening new instances/windows of FF instead of one instance with tabs.

Linkslade 18:23 27 Apr 14
Answer

lotvic,

Thanks for your reply.

I should have said that on opening a web page on the laptop it's shown on the taskbar but not on the desktop. However I've been fiddling in Options/ tabs and managed to get web pages "stacked" behind the firefox icon on the desktop taskbar. Not the the same I know, but at least I can now switch between pages.

northumbria61 11:27 03 May 14

I have found the add-on New Tab Homepage 0.4.3 works very well in Firefox. It loads your Homepage when you open a new tab.

alanrwood 18:26 03 May 14

To your original problem

Right click on the start button and select properties. Select the taskbar tab and change the setting for Taskbar Buttons. Think that is what you are trying to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…