Surveys appear when I open new websites

Charlie Babbage 09:38 AM 14 Mar 13

My browser is Firefox, latest version.

Recently, many times when I open a new website, an online survey appears instead of going direct to the site I require. I run Norton AV. Is therree anything I can do to prevent these annoying surveys appearing?

mole1944 05:33 AM 15 Mar 13

Be warned look at the bottom of the page and read it well it locks you into paying money a monthly amount for something on an ongoing basis,you have been warned.

difarn 11:39 AM 15 Mar 13

Do you mean that you are just receiving pop-up surveys? They are not demanding anything from you and you can click to cancel them? If so you can enable pop-up blocker in Firefox.

Launch Firefox
Tools - Options - Content - click the box next to "Block pop-up window" 
Click ok.
  Charlie Babbage 23:04 PM 15 Mar 13

Many thanks Difan.

These surveys are not exactly pop-ups but display as a new webpage. Sorry, they are difficult to describe!

rdave13 23:10 PM 15 Mar 13
  difarn 09:41 AM 16 Mar 13

Do you by any chance have the extension that apparently can cause this problem?

Have you tried changing your home page in Firefox?

Charlie Babbage 10:09 AM 16 Mar 13

Here is an example of a survey which has appeared

I originally visited, clicked the 'Shop' link at the top of their home page and then got the survey. Most annoying!

rdave13 10:33 AM 16 Mar 13

Check your program and features list carefully for something you're not sure of. Could be Babylon, Browser Protect, Yontoo, Delta or something else. It sounds as it's a browser hijacker. Check your add-ons in Firefox, including extensions to see if anything there. I would also open Internet Explorer and check add-ons.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know