Superantispyware DON'T Install!

crosstrainer 09:47 AM 22 Jan 09

Worked ok yesterday, but now causes BSOD in SASK.UTIL module. Don't try it, it's a known issue.

iambeavis 10:41 AM 22 Jan 09

Use msconfig to disable it from automatic startup and use it as in "on demand" mode. So far,using it that way, the latest version has worked OK for me ( as a scanner only ).

crosstrainer 11:28 AM 22 Jan 09

Won't work for me, think this may be an AMD specific issue. AVG8 and Adaware AE both fine, and I'm not really doing much browsing beyond here, and the MS tech forums so should be safe enough.

iambeavis 11:54 AM 22 Jan 09

I'm using the 64 bit version of Win 7 on an AMD 64, but I'm coming to the conclusion that, for once, I'm one of the lucky ones as just about everything has worked ( or been fixable ) for me.

I've only had one important bit of hardware playing difficult and a bit of thought soon cured the problem. It's a far, far different experience to the one I had with Vista.

crosstrainer 12:33 PM 22 Jan 09

On the whole, I would agree, but the same issues that existed with the AC97 sound chip are the same in 7. It works, but treats the driver as a legacy device....You would think that a company the size of Realtek would write proper Vista drivers (tried the so called Vista one from the site...Just the same)

Since I won't be installing 7 on this machine when the time comes, It's not a major issue, and on the whole, I like it. Not sure about the Live Mail layout though.

iambeavis 13:19 PM 22 Jan 09

I wish I could help you with the Realtek issue, but, as I use my machines in "silent mode" ( no speakers ), it's not something to which I've given any attention.

Forum Editor 12:58 PM 24 Jan 09

causing Blue screens when I first installed the beta. Once Superantispyware is disabled via msconfig everything is fine.

crosstrainer 14:08 PM 24 Jan 09

Tried that, but BSOD on trying to run it....Are you running an AMD machine?

crosstrainer 14:38 PM 26 Jan 09

Now, as it's running in First Impressions thread too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know