Sudenly cant get any internet pages

eric_bloodaxe 20:15 PM 01 Mar 13

I have upgraded from W7 to W8on my laptop. for a while all seemed well then suddenly and for no apparent reason IE 10 has decided it cant display any web pages. It is using bbc.co.uk as home and it keeps saying bbc.co.uk is not configured to accept http connections over "world wide web internet". My XP PC is getting on the net but slowly. I have tried with and without the router. nothing changes. I have tried the laptop on wifi and a cable to the router. Nothing changes. Is there any settings to tinker with? I have run various trouleshooters and done things like flushing DNS cache i have SSL and TLS running. Would try ipconfig but my command prompt seems to be greyed out in explorer. any ideas would be welcome. Regards B

Forum Editor 23:00 PM 01 Mar 13

What about other browsers - have you tried Google Chrome,or Firefox?

rdave13 00:01 AM 02 Mar 13

Call your ISP.

eric_bloodaxe 09:40 AM 04 Mar 13

Hi; thanks for the ideas. I was connected to the internet all the time I found how to get a cmd prompt and checked. The problem turns out to be a Microsoft update! yeah, lets hear it for Microsoft. If this happens to anyone go to installed updates and start deleting the most recent. I can only speak for me, but, In my case it turns out to be security update KB2805940. It is under Microsoft system or something like that. regards E

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites