Sudden broadband slowdown

Chitterlow 07:02 07 Mar 07

I bought a PC with Visa on it about two weeks ago. It was fine until last weekend when the broadband speed suddenly slowed down to a speed which would make a crippled snail look fast. Any suggestions? Also, how do you change the screen resolution in Vista? At present the setting is too low.

SteveWH 07:47 07 Mar 07

Since your broadband has been fine up till now it may well be a problem with your ISP it’s always worth disconnecting your modem and restarting it. If that doesn't sort it I would contact your ISP.

One other possibility is the anti phishing filter which can slow down the internet you could turn this off for sites that you know and trust.

For display settings right click desktop and choose personalise - display settings.

Rogerfredo 16:53 07 Mar 07

Are you sure the problem is with the broadband speed and not IE7? I installed Mozilla Firefox on my Vista set up and the increase in speed is phenominal.
(IE7 was taking about 4 secs to display my favourites list)

Chitterlow 18:22 07 Mar 07

Hi Guys. Thanks for your quick responses. I will try everything you suggested. Can you do a system restore in Vista?

Chitterlow.

Forum Editor 19:05 07 Mar 07

Yes, you can.

calvoandy 14:17 09 Mar 07

I have the same problem. Bought a new PC with Vista preloaded about a month ago, everything was fine until this week when I too experienced internet access that has slowed down immensely. I'm with Virginmedia, are you with the same provider? Have any of the solutions worked for you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…