Start up silliness.

gavioli1 23:53 08 Feb 15

I have Windows 7 32 bit Home Premium. On computer start up, I am faced with a message that tells me that there is a file interfering with start up. I press OK and start up continues for a few seconds, before the message appears again. I click OK as before and have to repeat the action for 15 to 20 times before the computer is ready for use.

When I click on a shortcut the same message appears as follows: (Programme name).exe-Bad Image. It then goes on to say that the programme is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. It refers to:

C:\PROGRA~2{FFB51~1\cote.dll

Once I have clicked on OK and got rid of the message, every programme works perfectly well apart from the odd re appearance which is easily removed. Over the past 3 months, I have tried as much as my simple mind can cope with and got nowhere. I have not reinstalled Windows 7 as I will lose a lot of files and that is very much the actions of someone who has given up and is overdoing a repair situation. I would very much appreciate any help for this computer dummy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017