Start up items.

standard8 19:27 PM 10 Dec 09

I've recently purchased an Acer 5738Z laptop with Windows 7 Home premium and I've installed NIS 2010.I've disabled some start up items which I know I was safe to do.Could anyone tell me which of the following I could safely disable?
1.Raid Event Monitor.

BurrWalnut 19:40 PM 10 Dec 09

Reduce the number of programs that start up when you switch on the computer by downloading and installing the free Quick Startup, which is better than Microsoft’s msconfig, get it click here

To disable (recommended action) an entry, remove the tick alongside its name. To delete an entry, highlight it and click Delete in the left pane. If you are unsure about an entry and want to know more about it, highlight it and then click ‘More information’ at the bottom of the screen.

standard8 20:19 PM 10 Dec 09

Thanks very much for your very quick reply.I've done as you say and I will study it.The only drawback is that it does not show the first 3 items on my list.

standard8 14:40 PM 13 Dec 09

So far,I've decide to disable Java on start up and check for updates myself.Also,I,ve decided to leave Launch manager since it is required for hot keys.I am thinking of disabling My Win Locker and Egis Tec. since they seem to be to protect my privacy which because of what I use my laptop for,I can't see any benefit to me.

standard8 17:27 PM 17 Dec 09

I've also disabled Win Locker and Egis Tec and laptop is running o.k.Thanks again to BurrWalnut for your help.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…