Spellcheck in Windows Mail

chub_tor 14:33 17 May 08

Is there a way to get Windows Mail to use UK English as the default for its Spell Check? All other programmes eg Office are OK but Windows Mail inists on US English and I am getting fed up of adding English spellings to the Custom Dictionary.
I have checked in Control Panel and all settings are for the UK.

anskyber 14:48 17 May 08

It seems English UK is not supported in W Mail for spell checking. WM has in any event been superseded by Windows Live Mail which I understand if you dig deep enough has the option to have English UK. click here

Sea Urchin 15:55 17 May 08

You can easily correct the spell checking in Windows Mail - see here

click here

chub_tor 16:11 17 May 08

Well I've just spent the last half hour downloading and setting up Windows Live Mail but sad to say at the end of it the only spelling available in Options is US English....... Wish I hadn't bothered now.

chub_tor 16:15 17 May 08

A direct quote from the website link that you gave "NOTE: Windows Mail only has the English (US), French (France), German (Germany), Spanish (International Sort) languages available to it. If you want or need a email program for languages other than these, then you might consider using the free Mozilla Thunderbird instead."
The same applies to Windows Live Mail it seems.

anskyber 19:44 17 May 08

It has Eng UK check click here

chub_tor 20:05 17 May 08

Thank you for that link, as one of the group says changing the file in Notepad fixes the spelling problem even though it still shows as English US in Tools.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced