Speakers do not mute when headset jack plugged in

StephaneMalhomme 09:46 02 May 14

I cannot, for the life of me, get my speakers to mute as they should, when I insert my headset jack (one for the mic and one for hearing).

I have googled everywhere. Left a request on their "support" board, nothing. I keep reading about Realtek hd audio manager, but it does not seem to be installed on my computer.

I have a Satellite laptop C50D - A - 13G

On a sidenote, the keybaord is genuinely, really rally, unbelievably poor, sorry for the typos.Very very very diappointed by Tohiba on this one.

rdave13 16:08 02 May 14

In control panel do you have Realtek Audio Manager? If so try this, open the manager and in the speaker tab you should see " Device advanced settings", click on that and tick the button for "Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone is plugged in".

chub_tor 16:20 02 May 14

I concur with rdave13 on this one. That Realtek Audio Manager is difficult to find and use but that is where the solution is. You should find it by going to Control Panel and looking under Hardware and Sound then follow rdave13's instructions. I have discovered over the years that each Realtek sound update seems to change the settings and I have to go back to that procedure to mute the sound output when headphones are plugged in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…