SP1 removed Aero!

kpgg 12:21 21 Apr 08

Windows Updates normally download & install automatically, but when I looked at Available Updates I found SP1 listed as available but it hadn't been downloaded. So I downloaded and installed it successfully without any problem. However it had played havoc with my screen resolution and had removed all trace of Aero from my Home Premium and thus it wasn't possible for instance to change the colours on the display. Happily, I then restored to a point 2 hours before and everything is now functioning beautifully just as it was before I messed with SP1. Has anyone had this problem?

Ashrich 23:39 24 Apr 08

I would imagine that the reason that SP1 hadn't come to you via normal updates may well have been because of the graphics problem , have a look at whoever provided the graphics solution for your PC for the latest drivers and maybe Google for the problem to see what others did .

Ashley

jakimo 16:32 27 Apr 08

It was a mistake to download SP1 manually,if SP1 doesn't install when windows update is set to auto download,that indicates that there are incompatible hardware|software on your system.

un-installing SP1 should cure the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…