Sound Vanished in Vista 64bit SP2 on Dell Studio XPS 435MT

ian munns 15:57 PM 04 Apr 12

My Dell Studio XPS 435MT 920 i7, 6Gb, Vista 64BIT SP2 has motherboard Nvidea High Definition Audio 0-3 (total 4) Channels-Driver 1.3.12.0 in Device Manager and Realtec High Definition Audio x1-Driver 6.0.1.6602. All are indicating Working Properly. But my Vista system sounds and all audio movie/recording playback has suddenly vanished. I've tried to make sure all the software audio systems are not muted or turned off, disabled, all turned to max volume. The stereo/bass sytem works fine on another PC and that other working system also doesn't work on the Dell 435MT. This also happened some time ago and a system restore recovered it but now my restore has not worked (not old enough?). The only recent events are normal updates on system and drivers and a fault with an AcGenral.dll when an exe file is launched. The motherboard seems to work ok as tapping the microphone leads to sound out on the speakers. Your help and advice please. This is driving me nuts!

KRONOS the First 18:41 PM 04 Apr 12

Go to the Dell site for your PC and download and reinstall the sound card drivers. That should sort it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…