Sound Problems In Windows 7

RobCharles1981 20:53 02 Aug 13

Hi all I have the Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer XFI Sound Card which has not let me down.. I'm using the latest driver for this and everything as far as I know in Device Manager is ok and Volume is turned up - The problem is the sound keeps going for no reason and the only way to get it going again is to reboot.

Any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks

Rob

lotvic 01:15 03 Aug 13

Possibly a driver problem if not a fault on the card itself. It seems as if when you reboot it gets reinstalled.

Does it work ok with headphones?

When the sound has 'gone' have a look in Device Manager to see if it is still marked as installed and ok.

If it is a driver problem you could uninstall it and then download new drivers and reinstall.

RobCharles1981 17:13 09 Aug 13

I investigated this more the sound works fine on my Headphones.

I did a re-install of Windows 7 and reinstalled the latest drivers the "Device is fine and working properly" in Device Manager.

The sound is OK at the moment still tends to nod off to sleep now and then....

Chronos the 2nd 19:17 09 Aug 13

I think, that I would have removed the sound card and checked if you were getting a similar problem with the on-board sound, rather than a reinstall. As it seems to me that you possibly have a faulty sound card even though device manager might say all is fine.

RobCharles1981 15:10 14 Aug 13

I asked on another forum... apparently it's a driver issue in Windows 7 I have to keep turning the "Modes" in the creative software back on and the sound comes back.

Never had this problem in XP!

RobCharles1981 18:58 30 Aug 13

I don't think it's a faulty card it's something to do with the drivers for Windows 7.

I've there for got another sound card the Asus Xonar DX Card it comes with it's own power cable a 4 pin to molex and I need to locate an extension cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now