Sound Card Problem

blue fin 13:52 01 Feb 08

I just upgraded my lapltop (Fujitsu Siemens a1667g) to 64bit Vista Ultimate. It downloaded sound card drivers and installed them itself, They didn't work =0(
The manufacturers site says they don't support vista
After much tweaking, downloading and searching I got ready to buy an external soundcard, but on rebooting my machine, I now get the windows start sound, then it loads my personal settings etc. and then no sound again!
ANy Ideas?

Totally-braindead 14:18 01 Feb 08

The only thing I do know about the 64 bit version of Vista is that the driver MUST be cerified by Microsoft. If the driver you are trying is not certified then it won't install properly and then won't work.
Don't know if your driver is certified or not so thought I would mention it.
And if you didn't do a clean install of 64 bit Vista then its possible the old driver is still there and if it is and causes conflicts then that might explain your problem.

blue fin 14:59 01 Feb 08

I did a clean install, so I don't think thats the problem, Vista downloaded all my device drivers automatically and installed them automatically, the driver says it working properly in device manager etc. Nothing appears to be muted in "sounds". I just think that its really weird that I get the starting windows sound then after my desktop appears, no sound??
Does the driver start after the "loading personalised settings" message, or during the boot process?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced