sound card for 5.1

loganly 17:38 29 Apr 07

ive got 5.1 creative 7900 speakers and they work great on old pc with onboard sound card but wont work on new vista pc which also has onboard sound card
any clues on this problem please

skidzy 18:36 29 Apr 07

Have you looked in Control Panel and open the Creative Audio Manager,you may need to change from stereo to 5.1 in the speaker configuration.

loganly 21:57 29 Apr 07

ive got onboard microsoft card not creative and cant configure to 5.1

loganly 22:25 29 Apr 07

had no problem with old xp computer

skidzy 22:34 29 Apr 07

Have you looked in control panel for maybe a Realtec sound card options ?

Run belarc and look under Multimedia to identify your sound card and post back the details. click here

loganly 22:43 29 Apr 07

in device manager it says high definition audio by microsoft

skidzy 22:47 29 Apr 07

To help you further,you need to answer the questions.

Run Belarc and post the details under Multimedia

Have you looked in Control Panel,maybe change to classic view to see if there is any Audio manager ?

loganly 21:17 30 Apr 07

hi skidzy ran belarc and under multimedia it said High Definition Audio Device !!!

skidzy 21:26 30 Apr 07

Look in:

Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/you should see for example i have Realtec Audio Sound Manager on my Vista machine.

If this exists,look under speakers,drop down box possibly listing stereo...change this to 5.1

loganly 21:36 30 Apr 07

in my speaker config it only has 2.1 stereo setting and no other selections so i cant configure it to 5.1 speakers under the speaker settings it has digital output device (spdif) i have tried to update drivers but it says i have correct drivers installed

skidzy 21:48 30 Apr 07

Well im afraid it looks like your sound card is not compatible for 5.1

Does it list what make of sound card ? Realtec/creative etc....

Try this:

Control panel/Hardware and Sound/manage Audio Devices/highlight speakers and configure....if the setting is not there,it looks like you only have stereo availible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…