Some of my Windows 8 apps are missing in Start menu

danetuyay 14:06 15 Oct 13

Yesterday all of my apps are still working and they're all still in the start menu. I was uninstalling my Ginger app because it slows down my Ms Word everytime I use it, I downloaded a Perfect Uninstaller which it can totally remove my Ginger app in my computer. And it works! But this morning when I opened my laptop, i saw my start menu some of my apps are missing and even my Desktop and Store icon is gone. I don't know what happened, but i tried to find solution over the internet but none of them solved my problem, i don't even know how to recover my apps in my start menu. Can someone help me this?

rdave13 14:46 15 Oct 13

If you right click a blank space in the Start page you can select all apps at bottom right. Right click apps that are missing and select to pin on Start

Mark_Hayward 18:08 15 Oct 13

I have had this occur on several occasions when uninstalling programs. Yes the Apps can be restored to the Start Menu in the way described, but why does it occur? Yet another W8 fault which requires a user workaround and just wastes time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…