Software for Kodak EZ200 Digital Camera

Abbots 16:45 01 Jun 08

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if the Kodak EZ200 digital camera software is compatible with Windows Vista? I have tried installing the software from the CD which came with the camera, but my pc can't detect it once it's supposedly installed. I have restarted my pc after loading, but that doesn't help either.

Many thanks
Joanne

Totally-braindead 18:03 01 Jun 08

Checked out the support pages and theres no Vista software for it though there is for the likes of XP.

I conclude from that that the software is not compatible with Vista.

Only thing I can think of is compatability mode, I think Vista has this and if so you might be able to make it think that its win XP that you use.

chub_tor 18:38 01 Jun 08

I can confirm that Vista Home Premium has Compatibility Mode and I have successfully used it for some old XP programmes that don't run successfully in Vista.

chub_tor 18:40 01 Jun 08

Should have added right click on the programme icon, select Properties and then open the Compatibility Tab.

Why wont it work 01:49 02 Jun 08

By software do you mean the Kodak Easyshare software? If so, they do have a Vista compatabible version out on their website, as I have recently installed it (takes a while to find it though!). Previous, older versions didn't run too smoothly with Vista (even in compatibility mode) from first hand experience- it resulted in crashes, and windows turning off aero etc- so I wouldn't suggest you try installing it.

Why wont it work 01:49 02 Jun 08

compatible, not compatabible!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…