small vista problem, please help.

stephen0205 17:23 29 Jul 07

Ok guys i have installed the new windows vista home premium os in my acer aspire 3661 laptop and its great i love it, only there is a small problem, i can use it for hours on end and it will run smooth as, but when its left for 10-15 untouched the screen just goes blank and i need to turn off the laptop and back on. What could be causing this problem.

anskyber 17:33 29 Jul 07

Probably the powersavings settings. Look in Control Panel, Systems and Maintenance and power options.

stephen0205 17:40 29 Jul 07

I checked that and the monitor or nothing ealse should turn off, that was the first thing i checked.

Kate B 17:51 29 Jul 07

Is it set to go to sleep after 15 minutes?

skidzy 17:52 29 Jul 07

Basically as Anskber says but check:

Control panel / Power Options / Change when the Computer sleeps / Put the computer to sleep = NEVER

For best results also check Power Plan,select HIGH Performance.

Also change the Choose When to Turn off Display = NEVER though do make sure you have a screen saver selected under Appearance and Personalization.

stephen0205 18:09 29 Jul 07

Thats what i have done and i get the same problem, used the repair option with the windows vista disk and it does the same thing, i really dont want to reinstall the os

skidzy 18:14 29 Jul 07

Then i would suggest checking the bios for any settings such as WAKE UP are enabled.

Does this happen when connected to the mains or both including just using the battery ?

anskyber 18:42 29 Jul 07

From a distant memory I think Acer have their own power saving software and Ithink it could be your answer.

anskyber 18:57 29 Jul 07

Have a look in the program Acer Empowering Technology, it could be in there.

anskyber 18:59 29 Jul 07

Look at the last flash screen on this scroll though, it has Power Management on it. click here

anskyber 19:07 29 Jul 07

Download the PDF on ePower Management fron here click here it explains it all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…