slow startup on windows 8

Petesilver 20 Jan 13

can anyone advise me why it takes so long for W8 to boot up. I have just upgraded my laptop from W7 everything seems to be working fine except boot uo takes so long. My laptop is a HP compaq nx6125 2gb memory, 50gb HDD,(with 30 free)processor is AMD turion 64. Apart from this all went very well. Regards

aquatarkus 20 Jan 13

Is the slow start up the 1st time you have booted to Win8 since the upgrade or is it just slow to boot since the upgrade every time you start.

Not a fan of upgrading my self always prefer a clean install, I know it means that all your programs etc. will have to be reinstalled but its much less problematic than an upgrade.

Regards

Aquatarkus

Petesilver 20 Jan 13

perhaps I was expecting something better than before but it is almost the same as W7 I just timed this boot up and it took 3 minutes so I suppose its not that bad. The hard drive is a 60gb with over 3ogb free and I do install very much on this laptop so its unlikely I will be using much more, Thank you for all your comments much appreciated

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message